Last night I got to hold a precious, tiny, 3-month-old baby girl. I even got her to smile and coo.
It felt so good to hold a baby. Her little head fit right in the palm of my hand, and her tiny little bottom in the palm of my other hand. All I could think was…This could have been ours in a few months.
But I heard a small voice whisper, “It will be, soon enough.”
I don’t know if it will be months or years…but I will be ready, and I refuse to let anything stop me from sincerely and absolutely believing that it will happen.
But I’m also a bit of a realist. So if it doesn’t…
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”
Romans 8:28
…then that just means that God has something else in mind for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment